Saturday 23 February 2013

Oven Roasted Carrots


This is Ryan's favourite way to eat carrots.  After roasting they end up so sweet he says they are like candy!  Tasty and great for you, the best combination.  When making this recipe remember the carrots shrink so make more than you think you'll eat, they taste great reheated the next day as well so don't be afraid to make a lot.  When I take these out of the oven I tip the dish to the side so I can collect the extra carrot enriched butter which I eat on my other vegetables.


Oven Roasted Carrots

Preheat oven to 400 F.

1) Peel and cut carrots and place them into a cast iron pan or an oven proof dish with 2-3 Tablespoons butter and a pinch of salt.

2) Cover and bake for 30 minutes.

3) Uncover and turn carrots, return to oven uncovered for 15 minutes.

4) Turn carrots and return to oven uncovered for up to 15 minutes until carrots are done to your liking.

No comments: