Friday 22 February 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - Gluten Free



These muffins are delicious I made a batch on Monday and by Tuesday they were all gone!  I have been eating a very low added sugar diet for a while now, in my baking I prefer to sweeten with  honey or maple syrup instead of table sugar.  Because banana's are so high is natural sugars already I found these muffins to be a bit sweet (for me) first time I made them so when I made them again yesterday I left out the honey and added an extra half cup of banana and they turned out great.

And yes I know the chocolate has sugar in it so I only put in a small amount because I love chocolate!


Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins - Gluten Free

Preheat oven and cast iron pans to 375 F.  In a medium sized bowl mix together dry ingredients.

1 cup almond flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/4 cup ground flax meal
1/2 tsp salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

In a large bowl mix wet ingredients.

1 cup melted butter
4 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup honey (or substitute an extra 1/2 cup mashed bananas)
2 1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas

Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mixing well.

1/2 cup chocolate chips

Stir in the chocolate chips.  Half fill hot pans with batter and bake at 375 F about 10 minutes for small muffins and 12-15 minutes for the mini cakes.  Let cool 5 minutes and remove from the pan. Cool on a rack.














No comments: