Saturday 2 March 2013

Maple and Sage Breakfast Sausauge

This is one of my all time favourite breakfast proteins.  So easy to make requiring just a few simple ingredients.  I really love how they taste warmed up so I often double the recipe to have a quick to warm up protein for breakfasts and snacks.  


Maple and Sage Breakfast Sausage

In a small bowl combine all ingredients.

1 lb ground pork
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1/2 tsp  salt
1 Tablespoon dried sage
2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup

Mix well with hands until spices are spread evenly throughout meat.  Scoop into a frying pan by the tablespoon with a little bacon fat.  Flatten with a fork and fry until both sides are golden.





I bought a small stainless steel scoop from Pampered Chef a few years ago and I just love it.  I use it all the time for making sausage, salmon patties and cookies.




Breakfast on the go.

No comments: